1964-1972 GM A body (Chevelle, GTO, Cutlass, Skylark, etc.)
SC&C Performance Suspension Package AFX.
Our most hard-core package includes:
1. AFX forged aluminum tall spindles with super heavy duty C5/C6 hub/bearing packs and A body billet aluminum steering arms.
2. SPC adjustable front upper A-arms with greasable delrin bushings and offset pivots, on 4130 chrome moly cross shafts, with round, knurled steel adjuster sleeves (They are also available with ProLite aluminum hex adjusters for an additional $40.00) (all upper ball joints are optional).
3. SPC tubular front lower A-arms with ball joints installed, a ride height adjustment kit, and a pair of SPC progressive rate jounce bumpers.
4. SPC Performance spring kit (F+R).
5. Currie Currectrac rear trailing arms - billet aluminum lowers, and adjustable tubular uppers.
6. Hellwig tubular sway bars - a 1 1/4" front bar with severe duty end links, and 1 1/8" adjustable rate rear bar.
(Adds $20.00 for 1964-1967)*
7. Varishock QS1 single adjustable shock absorbers (F+R).
ProLite front upper A-arm adjuster sleeves - add $40.00
Howe Precision series modular upper ball joints (standard height) - add $170.00
-NASCAR screw-in upper ball joints - additional $20.00
Varishock QS2 double adjustable shocks - front only - add $200.00 -- front and rear - add $400.00
Lee performance 670 series 12.7:1 steering box - add $545.00 (other options additional)
Fays2 bolt-in Watts Link - add $650.00 (requires other modifications)
Currie rear end housing Johnny Joint kit - add $129.90
UMI/Energy Suspension rear end housing poly bushing kit - add $39.90
*Add $20.00 for 1964-1967
The SC&C Performance Package AFX is perfect for those who want the ultimate in a comprehensive performance handling package. We`ve hand-picked the best muscle car performance handling car parts in the business and combined them into one even more awesome package.
For the `64-`72 A body package, we start off by fixing the weakest link in the chain, the horrible stock front suspension geometry. Our AFX tall aluminum spindles take care of this by relocating the suspension pickup points to achieve correct negative camber gain in bump for better grip, a higher and much more stable roll center for reduced body roll and more predictable handling, and with the A body specific aluminum steering arms, virtually no bump steer. These spindles feature integral mounts for C5/C6 brakes (optional), and provide a 7/8" drop in ride height. The revised geometry of the AFX package is a real game changer! We round this part of the package out with easily adjustable SPC Performance tubular upper A arms. Our Performance Package AFX also includes SPC tubular lower control arms, with lower ball joints installed, an SPC ride height adjustment kit, and a pair of SPC progressive rate jounce bumpers. This gives you ride height adjustability, and lets you nail a perfect modern alignment.
We add firmness and control, as well as a more aggressive stance, with SPC Performance Pro kit springs. We add adjustability with Varishock QS1 single adjustable shocks.
Out back we prevent excessive rear axle migration under load, and reduce unwanted binding, with Currie Currectrac aluminum severe duty arms. Billet aluminum lowers , with adjustable uppers. They are stronger and more visually striking than anything else out there.
We round out the package with sway bars. No cookie cutter bars here. We include state of the art 4130 tubular chrome moly bars from Hellwig. The rear bar is a whole new format for this car, mounting to the chassis with links to reduce unwanted binding, and provide much more usable rate than bars mounted to the lower trailing arms. It is also adjustable for street / autocross/ or drag racing. It adds a LOT of performance and versatility but hardly any weight, the bar only weighs about 6 lbs.! We match it with a Hellwig thin wall tubular front sway bar with excellent wheel/tire clearance, upgraded severe duty end links, and a weight of only 14 lbs.! The weight of both bars combined is 14 lbs. LESS than a 1 5/16” solid front bar alone!
Combine this package with a good wheel/tire combo and upgraded brakes and you have a vintage muscle car with modern performance car handling and drivability!