1964-1972 GM A body (Chevelle, GTO, Cutlass, Skylark, etc.)
SC&C Touring-Plus Suspension Package.
Our most popular package includes:
1. SC&C Stage 3 Plus kit - SPC adjustable front upper A-arms with greasable delrin bushings and offset pivots, on 4130 chrome moly cross shafts, with round, knurled steel adjuster sleeves (They are also available with ProLite aluminum hex adjusters for an additional $40.00), and Howe Precision series Xtra tall upper ball joints. The kit also includes SPC tubular front lower A-arms with the Howe Precision Series tall lower ball joints installed.
2. A ride height adjustment kit, and a pair of SPC progressive rate jounce bumpers.
3. SPC Performance spring kit (F+R).
4. Currie Currectrac rear trailing arms - billet aluminum lowers, and adjustable tubular uppers.
5. Hellwig tubular sway bars - 1 1/4" front with severe duty end links, and 1 1/8" adjustable rate rear.
(Adds $30.00 for 1964-1967)*
6. Varishock QS1 single adjustable shock absorbers (F+R).
ProLite front upper A-arm adjuster sleeves - add $40.00
NASCAR screw-in upper ball joints - add $20.00
Varishock QS2 double adjustable shocks - front only - add $200.00
- front and rear - add $400.00
Varishock QS2 double adjustable shocks front/SS factory set rear - add $71.00
Varishock SS factory set (non-adjustable) shocks available - Deduct $258.00
Currie rear end housing Johnny Joint kit - add $149.90
UMI/Energy Suspension rear end housing Poly Bushing kit - add $39.90
*Add $30.00 for 1964-1967
The SC&C Touring-Plus package is perfect for those who want a more advanced suspension kit that adds much more adjustability to our Touring Package, but still doesn't break the bank. We`ve hand-picked the best muscle car touring car parts in the business and combined them into one even more awesome package.
For the `64-`72 A body package, we start off by fixing the weakest link in the chain, the horrible stock front suspension geometry. Our Stage 3-Plus takes care of this by using our tall/X-tall Howe Precision Series ball joints to relocate the suspension pickup points to achieve correct negative camber gain in bump for better grip, a higher and much more stable roll center for reduced body roll and more predictable handling, and virtually no bump steer. This revised geometry is a real game changer! We round this part of the package out with easily adjustable SPC Performance tubular upper A arms, and SPC tubular lower control arms, with the Howe tall lower ball joints installed. Our Touring-Plus Package adds an SPC ride height adjustment kit, and a pair of SPC progressive rate jounce bumpers. This gives you ride height adjustability, and lets you nail a perfect modern alignment.
We add firmness and control, as well as a more aggressive stance, with SPC Performance Touring springs. We add adjustability with Varishock QS1 single adjustable shocks.
Out back we prevent excessive rear axle migration under load, and reduce unwanted binding, with Currie Currectrac aluminum severe duty arms. They are stronger and more visually striking than anything else out there.
We round out the package with sway bars. No cookie cutter bars here. We include state of the art 4130 tubular chrome moly bars from Hellwig. The rear bar is a whole new format for this car, mounting to the chassis with links to reduce unwanted binding, and provide much more usable rate than bars mounted to the lower trailing arms. It is also adjustable for street / autocross/ or drag racing. It adds a LOT of performance and versatility but hardly any weight, the bar only weighs about 6 lbs.! We match it with a Hellwig thin wall tubular front sway bar with excellent wheel/tire clearance, heavy duty end links, and a weight of only 14 lbs.! The weight of both bars combined is 14 lbs. LESS than a 1 5/16” solid front bar alone!
Combine this package with a good wheel/tire combo and upgraded brakes and you have a vintage muscle car with modern performance car handling and drivability!